What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Coliform Standard for Peeled Cassava

Started by , Sep 07 2016 12:44 AM
2 Replies

Hi everyone!

I am currently working on a company that export peeled and grated cassava (raw). We are using series of chlorination to reduce the microbial load of the cassava.

The problem is, there are times which i think chlorination is not enough to reduce the coliform count of the cassava at the same time, we are using 100 cfu/g as our coliform standard (since it is the only standard that is available i think).

The question is; 1)Is there any other coliform standard available for raw cassava (peeled and grated) other than 100 cfu/g?  2) Can anyone suggest a convenient procedure which will also reduce the microbial load of cassava aside from chlorination?

Thank you in advance :) 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Water testing coliform Set Limits of ATP, Ecoli , Coliform results for Cleaning Validation Coliform limits in Ice cream products-how to manage incoming nuts with higher limits Coliform in Butter 1:1 vs 1:10 for coliform
[Ad]

Hi everyone!

I am currently working on a company that export peeled and grated cassava (raw). We are using series of chlorination to reduce the microbial load of the cassava.

The problem is, there are times which i think chlorination is not enough to reduce the coliform count of the cassava at the same time, we are using 100 cfu/g as our coliform standard (since it is the only standard that is available i think).

The question is; 1)Is there any other coliform standard available for raw cassava (peeled and grated) other than 100 cfu/g?  2) Can anyone suggest a convenient procedure which will also reduce the microbial load of cassava aside from chlorination?

Thank you in advance :) 

Hi rizza asilo,

Likely, and maybe "Greener" alternatives are among the various treatment chemicals recommended in various threads here for vegetables and fruits. But i anticipate that all of them are more expensive than chlorination. Some examples -

http://www.ifsqn.com...uct/#entry94563

1 Thank

Thanks Charles. 

The article helped me a lot. Maybe we really need to re-define our process.

Similar Discussion Topics
Water testing coliform Set Limits of ATP, Ecoli , Coliform results for Cleaning Validation Coliform limits in Ice cream products-how to manage incoming nuts with higher limits Coliform in Butter 1:1 vs 1:10 for coliform Hygiena swabs, EMP, APC, coliform and atp Standard for TPC and Coliform on non-food contact surfaces What are the acceptable limits for E-coli and Coliform in Ready to Eat fresh Vegetables? Coliform, E. coli results between microbial test report and COA Supplier shipped ingredient outside allowed Coliform limit