What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Anyone have any updates on SFCA?

Started by , Sep 12 2016 01:17 PM
3 Replies

HI to all the meat folks out there, does anyone have any updates on inside information on proposed changes as they relate to the safe food for Canadians new regulations?  Things have gotten suspiciously quiet from the front lines....... 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How do we apply the new FSSC guidance updates? Updates on recall procedures (ver 10, July 2021) from USFDA? Are there any new updates for BRC V8? How do you monitor legislation changes and updates? Updates on Greek Food Safety Legislation
[Ad]

HI to all the meat folks out there, does anyone have any updates on inside information on proposed changes as they relate to the safe food for Canadians new regulations?  Things have gotten suspiciously quiet from the front lines....... 

Hi scampi,

SFCA ?

Did you just make that up or there really is such a labelling terminology/Organisation ? Including age groups ?

Could be the start of a trend.

I wish I had made it up. Its new Canadian regulations that have been drafted and came into force in 2014; the Safe Food For Canadians Act. We are in the middle of a complete re-write of ALL food regulations; plan is to have a single set of regulations instead of the 12 Canada currently has......and with that comes major headaches. Things are also changing from prescriptive (ie. you must chill in this way in this much time in a room that is x temperature) to operator can do whatever they chose, IF you can validate your end result. The plan is to also change inspection training so that all CFIA inspectors can inspect ALL commodities which is not what currently exists.

I wish I had made it up. Its new Canadian regulations that have been drafted and came into force in 2014; the Safe Food For Canadians Act. We are in the middle of a complete re-write of ALL food regulations; plan is to have a single set of regulations instead of the 12 Canada currently has......and with that comes major headaches. Things are also changing from prescriptive (ie. you must chill in this way in this much time in a room that is x temperature) to operator can do whatever they chose, IF you can validate your end result. The plan is to also change inspection training so that all CFIA inspectors can inspect ALL commodities which is not what currently exists.

Hi scampi. Thks for the explanation. Sounds disturbingly like a move towards iso-haccp.

Similar Discussion Topics
How do we apply the new FSSC guidance updates? Updates on recall procedures (ver 10, July 2021) from USFDA? Are there any new updates for BRC V8? How do you monitor legislation changes and updates? Updates on Greek Food Safety Legislation SFCA change of old CFIA Pre-requiste Program Third party agency that manages regulation updates Looking for a link to subscribe to updates on bottled water regulations Food safety and HACCP news, legislation and updates SFCA, SFCR, ECCP, GMP, third party certifications?