What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Potable Water - Which Standards or Guidelines should I follow?

Started by , Feb 24 2006 07:22 AM
9 Replies
Hello,

I am new in quality management. Currently our food processing plant is aiming to register for ISO 22000. I understand that ISO 22000 is hormonizing the world food safety standard. I am not sure about the requirement of potable water, there are some standards/ guidelines for water quality. Which standards/Guidelines should I follow?

For example, Should I follow WHO Guidelines for drinking-water quality? Thank you.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Potable Water COA SQF 11.5.1.2 Contigency Plans - potable water supply Can you use food grade potable water hose to process kool aid or gravy? What are the minimum chlorine levels that are acceptable in potable water? Potable Water Testing
[Ad]
Hello water,

Courtesy of google here are a few definitions of potable water:
http://www.google.co...e:Potable Water

You won't find any requirements for potable water in ISO 22000; the standard is not that prescriptive. I would consult your local or national regulatory body for the requirements for your particular country, process and product.

I found an article for further reading at the link below:
Safe Water is Critical for Food Processing

Hope this helps; let us know if you have any further questions.

I'm not an expert on this type of thing - correct me if I'm wrong experts.

Regards,
Simon

Hello,

I am new in quality management. Currently our food processing plant is aiming to register for ISO 22000. I understand that ISO 22000 is hormonizing the world food safety standard. I am not sure about the requirement of potable water, there are some standards/ guidelines for water quality. Which standards/Guidelines should I follow?

For example, Should I follow WHO Guidelines for drinking-water quality? Thank you.

Hello " water "

Also you can ask to the lab you are working with ; they will give a very updated information.

Regards
Esther
Hello Esther,

Ask your water supplier first under what conditions he delivers the water to you.
He should have specs.

Okido

Hello Esther,

Ask your water supplier first under what conditions he delivers the water to you.
He should have specs.
Okido

Hello everyone!!

Like Okido said, first all of all I will check your customer's requirements and also, the legislation in your country. In Spain we a law about water requirements, uses and analysis. And I am not sure but I suppose in EU legislation as well. And as well it is one of the PRs of HACCP.

PedroP
Hi Friends,

I think it depends of each country so we shall observe the country's regulation at first and then for the guideline, I think we should follow the WHO Guidelines as defined in Codex - Food Hygiene.

NY
Hia
there are regulations for potable water in this country the water quality regs, ask your water undertaker to supply you with them, as a monitoring procedure we test the water and ice on a weekly basis
Cheers
John,

Think this should be what you are looking for. Happened to come across this and I remembered someone asked for help on this area.

Dir_80.778_EC_.pdf   958.88KB   123 downloads
Really shoulda stopped by here sooner this place has changed, really come on a bundle since my last visit. Nice work guys. A long time past but sincere thanks for all the advice, I did use it and got in touch with the vendor so it wasn't wasted - - - - - JW

Really shoulda stopped by here sooner this place has changed, really come on a bundle since my last visit. Nice work guys. A long time past but sincere thanks for all the advice, I did use it and got in touch with the vendor so it wasn't wasted - - - - - JW

Thanks for the feedback Water. Please don't leave it so long next time.

Regards,

Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Potable Water COA SQF 11.5.1.2 Contigency Plans - potable water supply Can you use food grade potable water hose to process kool aid or gravy? What are the minimum chlorine levels that are acceptable in potable water? Potable Water Testing Potable water standards of WHO Potable Water Testing...what to test for and frequency? SOP for potable water testing Specification for sodium hypochlorite used for potable water disinfect How to ensure water from a well is potable?