What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anyone know anything on Ethanol spraying for shelf life of bread?

Started by , Sep 30 2016 08:55 AM
2 Replies

Dear All,

Does anyone know anything about the technology of Ethanol Spraying to extend shelf life in bread buns? We have seen our competitors do this, but I can't find any information on this on the web?

If anyone has any idea of who I could contact to find out more, I would really appreciate this.

I am interested to know more, for example.

• What is the legislation that allow/regulates this in Europe?
  • Is there any explosion risk in using the equipment?
  • Are there any studies on consumer acceptance?
  • How effective is this at extending mold free shelf life?

Thank you for anyone that can offer help or guidance

Diane

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Cause of condensation in shelf stable dressing cup Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing ISO Egg Wash Substitute for Bread Manufacturing Shelf Life Testing Risk Assessment
[Ad]

Diane, 

I found this article that may help you.

https://www.google.c...2249654A2?cl=en

1 Thank

If you use the alcool in the product you have to sign in the labelling. Some industries mix it with the aroma and so they don't declare the presence of alcool.

Similar Discussion Topics
Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Cause of condensation in shelf stable dressing cup Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing ISO Egg Wash Substitute for Bread Manufacturing Shelf Life Testing Risk Assessment Milk powder - short shelf life Standard Bread Baking Method Shelf life of vacuumed rainbow trout fillets Pasteurizing Chilli Relish to extend shelf life Shelf life issue fresh fish