What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Permitted additives in GCC countries

Started by , Nov 07 2016 12:28 PM
5 Replies

dear all, just discovered this forum and really looks great and useful.

I have a question:

for a dough conditioner, I'm wondering if the following additives are permitedd in the GCC countries: E481, E341, Amylase, E300, E920.

seems that E920 is not permitted, but I cannot find for the amylase.

also, as this is not a finishe dproduct, how can I determine the max levels? thanks so much for your help

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Are photocopies of controlled forms permitted? Who is permitted to carry out Internal Audits? Is Colour E 129 permitted to use in Fine Bakery Wares in the EU? Permitted food additives in GCC (GSO 2500:2015) References for permitted Chlorine in Dairy Water
[Ad]

dear all, just discovered this forum and really looks great and useful.

I have a question:

for a dough conditioner, I'm wondering if the following additives are permitedd in the GCC countries: E481, E341, Amylase, E300, E920.

(1) See the attachment in this post -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ai/#entry106846

seems that E920 is not permitted, but I cannot find for the amylase.

also, as this is not a finishe dproduct, how can I determine the max levels? thanks so much for your help

(2) i presume "this" is the dough conditioner.

Hi irishdams,

Welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

Hope the above ^^^^^ helps.

(2)

3.26   Maximum Use Level of an additive is the highest concentration of the additive determined to be functionally effective in a food or food category and agreed to be safe by the Codex Gulf Standard.

It's a good question. I presume the source reference, Codex, addresses this issue (somewhere). Perhaps, assuming a "worst" case scenario, calculated/based on the labelled usage instructions. eg X g of DC per Y gram of finished product (just speculating).

1 Thank

Hi irishdams, 

regarding E920 (L-Cysteine and its hydro chlorides sodium and potassium salts) ,It is approved for wheat flour as Improving Agent ( Annex 1)-  GSO 194/2006

However it is common to be asked by customs for the source of L-Cysteine to assure that it is not coming from pork or non Halal source .

I attached the standard 

hope this is help ,

best regards ,

Ehab

Attached Files

2 Thanks

hi Ehab,

Thks for the attachment. Appears to be a revised draft of the 2006 Wheat Standard.

There seem to be a multitude of overlapping (?)  Standards. :smile:

(they succeeded in confusing me  :oops2: )

thanks all for your inputs.

yes, it's a dough conditioner made of approx. 50% sugar, salt, 15% E481 and different additives. so I,m struggling to find the category of the food. the cysteine may be allowed in flours, but here it's not a flour...any advices? thanks again

Hi Charles ,

Yes , you are right it is confusing . 

Hi Irishdams ,

I regret that I do not have an answer for E481 , unfortunately it is not my field ,  however I can suggest you the following :

- I know that for Saudi Arabia to import any product ,it should be registered at the Saudi food and drugs Authority (SFDA) the registration shall be done by the importer , the SFDA approving the label during this process and the GCC all are the same if it approved in KSA it is approved in other GCC .

- Bellow a link for GSO contact try to contact them , may be you can find an answer 

https://www.gso.org....ebsite/contacts

Also you can search for the GSO relevant to your product .

Appreciate if you update us how does it work with you.

hope this can help , 

Ehab

Similar Discussion Topics
Are photocopies of controlled forms permitted? Who is permitted to carry out Internal Audits? Is Colour E 129 permitted to use in Fine Bakery Wares in the EU? Permitted food additives in GCC (GSO 2500:2015) References for permitted Chlorine in Dairy Water Permitted beverage colours (especially red) in China? Ghana Permitted Food Additive List Is it permitted to have a health clinic on a food manufacturing site? Additives permitted and their Limits/levels Register of permitted items