What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Digital signatures/authorization

Started by , Nov 11 2016 01:34 PM
7 Replies

Hi there. I'm just about to start on implementing the BRC Agents & Brokers Standard for my company. I've trawled around forums but can't find anything 100% relevant to my question.

We're a small company, only 4 of us, and I was hoping to implement the standard in as paperless way as possible. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to digitally authorize/sign new versions of controlled documents without paying for something like docusign.

Would an exchange of emails with links to the document in question be enough?

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer New Digital Refractometer Validation Does your Food Defense procedure include digital security? Digital Maturity in Product Inspection Digital Maturity in Product Inspection
[Ad]

If you're using electronic document/workflow management software, it should be able to do all that for you. I believe MS Sharepoint has this facility.

1 Thank

Thanks BrummyJim. 

We're not using any doc/workflow management software and we're trying to avoid ongoing costs/subscription fees.

I guess and emailed authorization is not good enough?

There are many free doc management packages out there. Try http://uk.pcmag.com/...oftware-of-2016 for ideas. You probably won't need much of the functionality, but it would make your life easier to go paperless.

1 Thank

Thank you BrummyJim. I appreciate the help and suggestions!

The newest microsoft office suite allows you to add locked signatures that can't be removed. Look for some tutorials online and you may not need any new software.

1 Thank

Thank you Earth20!

Hi,

it depends...

If you want to create legally binding electronic signatures you have to fulfill the legal requirement layed down in the regulation (e.g. for Europe, in more detail in a e.g. German law.)

All what is mentioned above is suitable e.g. for internal workflows, but not if you involve your supplier in the workflow IMEX.

Rgds

moskito

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer New Digital Refractometer Validation Does your Food Defense procedure include digital security? Digital Maturity in Product Inspection Digital Maturity in Product Inspection Digital Maturity in Product Inspection Digital menu boards Digital manual presentation during audit Has anyone used a digital app as part of their BRGCS V8 1.1.2 Food safety culture compliance? Cooler and Freezer Temperature Monitoring-Switch from Chart Recorder to Digital