What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Purchasing Alcohol purchased from LCBO (Canada) in glass bottle for us

Started by , Dec 09 2016 05:12 PM
3 Replies

Hello all,

I need your opinion on how to bring in Alcohol from a non-approved supplier.

In Canada, alcohol is a controlled product.

You can only purchase it at the LCBO (in Ontario Canada).

It also comes sold in a glass bottle.

We have a no glass policy in effect.

We are receiving the alcohol through the front offices and storing it in a locked storage room in the front offices.

We are then transferring pre-determined amounts into a plastic container with cap that is being brought into production from the front offices for production to use.

Any information or input you can offer in how we can implement this procedure successfully would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing BRCGS v 9 4.6 - Equipment Purchasing and Commissioning Purchasing first in-house lab equipment Good Purchasing Practices Good Purchasing Practices
[Ad]

Not all alcohol in Ontario (where I am) comes in glass containers. I'm assuming your using vodka, which you can get in plastic containers. 

However, your program for use would/should eliminate the risk, if the glass breaks in the office, you'll have a puddle and nothing to use

Why are you not getting it from the producers (you can for Canadian made liquors)

you should be able to get a letter of guarantee from the producer, I have worked beside QA from that product spec before and most run a HACCP program 

Hello Scampi,

Thank you for your reply.

This is a private label product and the alcohol does not come in plastic.

The supplier is in Italy and will not provide a letter of guarantee.

I will take your advice and eliminate/minimize  the risk .

Similar Discussion Topics
Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing BRCGS v 9 4.6 - Equipment Purchasing and Commissioning Purchasing first in-house lab equipment Good Purchasing Practices Good Purchasing Practices Food safety considerations when purchasing cocoa liquor? Documentation for 13.2.7, purchasing equipment and protective clothing Criteria for purchasing meat Purchasing raw materials from a grocery store in a bind - problem? Packaging purchasing and storage from a middle man