Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:21 PM

Looking to see if someone can give me an example of how you documented 13.2.7.1?  The new edition now calls out that you shall have a specification and documented procedure for purchasing equipment and protective clothing.   We currently do not have a formal procedure and I'm hoping someone could share an example.  Thanks in advance.

cjohnson40

Grade - Active

• 4 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:46 PM

I created a simple standard procedure. We have new equipment arriving around our open window for our unannounced SQF audit and I hope this will be suffice. We also have a new equipment verification sheet, signed off by the HACCP team, and plan to include manufacturing diagrams, manuals, etc as evidence. Hope this helps.

cjohnson40

Grade - Active

• 4 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:47 PM

here it an example

Attached Files

Edited by cjohnson40, 03 October 2018 - 03:52 PM.

Thanked by 3 Members:

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,492 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:48 PM

I've lumped all purchasing together under 1 policy and this is the general outline

Purchasing Policy

• Documentation is reviewed annually and updated and/or generated when a new supplier (raw material or food contact packaging or chemicals) is approved, when new products are introduced, or processes are changed that could affect food safety.

• Raw and packaging materials, protective gear, equipment, utensils and ingredients shall comply with CFIA, Health Canada and any other legislation and regulations as required.  
  • A current register of all materials and equipment has been created and is annually reviewed and updated by the SQFP with supplier’s current Food safety system certification. All current Certificate of Approval or Letter of Guarantee are held on file. If the vendor is certified with a recognized 3rd party (SWF, BRC FSSC etc) no conformance assessment or questionnaire is required.
  • SQFP will verify all suppliers’ contact information during annual review.
  • Supplier’s conformance is assessed and reviewed yearly by SQFP during Internal Audit

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

thunder001

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:37 PM

Thank you for your help on this.  It really helped me out!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users