What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

QUID % Individual Ingredient of a Compound Ingredient

Started by , Jan 05 2017 09:12 AM
2 Replies

Hello eveyone,

Today I would like to ask you about QUID, but especially  % INDIVIDUAL INGREDIENT of a COMPOUND INGREDIENT. How do you practice in your labelling work.

I will give a simple example:

Ingredients list:

A - 20%

B - 30%

C- 50%

C= K80%+ E20% (compound ingredient) K compound is in the name of product eg. biscuits with coconut filling

Label proposition:

1) Ingredients: D 50%( K80%,E10%), B, A  Here is % of K in C coconut filling.

2) Ingredients: D 50% ( K40%, E 10%), B, A  Here is % of K in final product.

Which one of this sollution comply with EU regulations??? or Maybe both ara all right?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
QUID tolerances (UK Regs) Is there an acceptable deviation in QUID ingredients declarations? "Suggestion of serving" and its relationship with QUID QUID how often confirm on pack label? QUID Declaration
[Ad]

Hello,

if you take it strictly, the correct labelling would be

Ingredients : K 40%, B, A, E

Or :

Ingredients: D (K 40%*, E), B, A. *% in final product

The second solution is however less legible.

Both of your Label propositions are not correct :

1) 80+10% =90% =/=100%

2) you defined a different scale for each of the % that you give! For D it's the % in final product of an main ingredient, for K the % in final product for a sub-ingredient and for E the % in the main ingredient for a sub-ingredient?

Anyway, it is also seen as difficult to read a Label like the example 2 : the average consumer doesn't know if he has to calculate 40%of D or if 40% is the final %.

(The first one is even worse since he has to do math.)

Hope this helps.

Regards

Hello eveyone,

Today I would like to ask you about QUID, but especially  % INDIVIDUAL INGREDIENT of a COMPOUND INGREDIENT. How do you practice in your labelling work.

I will give a simple example:

Ingredients list:

A - 20%

B - 30%

C- 50%

C= K80%+ E20% (compound ingredient) K compound is in the name of product eg. biscuits with coconut filling

Label proposition:

1) Ingredients: D 50%( K80%,E20%), B, A  Here is % of K in C coconut filling.

2) Ingredients: D 50% ( K40%, E 10%), B, A  Here is % of K in final product.

Which one of this sollution comply with EU regulations??? or Maybe both ara all right?

I've written a quick post and I've made some mistakes. SORRY FOR THAT.

1) Ingredients: C 50%( K80%,E20%), B, A  Here is % of K in C coconut filling.

D=C ingredient of course

Similar Discussion Topics
QUID tolerances (UK Regs) Is there an acceptable deviation in QUID ingredients declarations? "Suggestion of serving" and its relationship with QUID QUID how often confirm on pack label? QUID Declaration