• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:21 PM

Hi All 

I was wondering if any one could give me advice/explain on QUID Declaration. I'm super new to this line of work so please bear with me. Our EHO took a sample of our cooked streaky bacon for chemical analysis in March and we received a letter today saying that it was unacceptable as our label declares that its 100% Pork but there is salt and preservatives in it (I had a 'discussion' with my boss about how stating that 100% pork did not make sense) 

This is the confusing part for me, the letter states ' The sample was found to have a meat content of 169 grams per 100 grams expressed as pork. I am of the opinion that the is acceptable for a cooked meat product' 

and 

'the label be marked with a quantitative ingredients declaration (QUID). The food is a cooked product where the weight of the finished product will be less that the weight of the ingoing ingredients. FSA guidance notes on QUID say where finished product has lost moisture during processing the QUID can be expressed as 'Produced from Xg of Pork per 100g of finished product' 

I haven't a clue what this means this is the first time I've worked in the meat industry and I am literally pulling my hair out  :helpplease:

If any one could explain this to me or offer me advice I would really appreciate it :) 

ps I did read the FSA guidance notes but im still confused.... just not being lazy lol 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:17 PM

Hi Donnacam,

Thanks for yr query and Welcome to  the Forum ! :welcome:

Is it possible to give a link to the FSA guidance notes regarding the Xg of pork/100g etc ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users