What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sulphite reducing bacterias

Started by , Jan 06 2017 09:03 PM
2 Replies

Hi,

I have tried to find out what sulphite reducing bacterias can grow in food, and all I came up with was clostridia. Analysis showed anaerobic spores < 10 cfu/g and sulphite reducing bacterias > 15 000 cfu/g. Doesn't this result indicate that I can exclude clostridia as the sulphite reducing bacteria growing in my product?

Any ideas what sulphite reducing bacterias it can be?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Query Re-Acceptability AOAC Method for Sulphite in Meat Warning statement of Sulphur Dioxide/ Sulphite
[Ad]

Hi,

I have tried to find out what sulphite reducing bacterias can grow in food, and all I came up with was clostridia. Analysis showed anaerobic spores < 10 cfu/g and sulphite reducing bacterias > 15 000 cfu/g. Doesn't this result indicate that I can exclude clostridia as the sulphite reducing bacteria growing in my product?

Any ideas what sulphite reducing bacterias it can be?

Hi Anf,

Food product is not mentioned.

Apparently clostridia are not the only option. See pgs 9-11 in attached file.

I suggest you try a direct test/evaluation for C.perfringens if that is the major objective of yr study.

anaerobic sporeformers.doc   561.5KB   27 downloads

Thank you, Charles!

Sorry, I forgot to mention the food product. It is a protein concentrate made of fish.

Similar Discussion Topics
Query Re-Acceptability AOAC Method for Sulphite in Meat Warning statement of Sulphur Dioxide/ Sulphite