What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Microbiology test method of indoor air by exposed plates

Started by , Jan 27 2017 11:53 AM
6 Replies

good day dears:

I  want to know how we can test the quality of indoor air by microbiology test . as i know we can use method test of exposed Agar petri dishes but  i want to help me for more information about that test method and what the References.

thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Fresh Garlic Microbiology Fruit Juice Microbiology Does anybody know the specs for microbiology results on raw material liquid sucrose? Microbiology Criteria Standard for Environmental Monitoring Program Food microbiology results for Chicken and Soup
[Ad]

From my experience processing these in a major micro lab in the UK, they are processed in the same way as any poured/streaked plates or the same agar. The plates should be exposed for 30 minutes for sampling and are then incubated at the required time/temperature (e.g. 72 hours@250 for Rose Bengal yeasts & moulds, 48 hours @370 for Plate Count Agar TVC)

THANK YOU MR BrummyJim

good day dears :

I ask if we exposed petri dish for 30 minutes and the result was 15 colonies  how we can calculate  cfu/m3  kindly mention to references .

thanks

good day dears :

I ask if we exposed petri dish for 30 minutes and the result was 15 colonies  how we can calculate  cfu/m3  kindly mention to references .

thanks

Hi ahmed,

Afaik, settle plate data is currently more often used to calculate cfu/area/time.

Impaction techniques are commonly used  if cfu/m3 values are required.

Nonetheless, a value for cfu/cm3 for yr settle plate data can be estimated via Omeliansky's formula as shown in this post 18 –

http://www.ifsqn.com...ria/#entry95042

(also see Post6/method2, Post17)

A reference illustrating use of the Omeliansky formula  is attached.

Sedimentation with the Omeliansky formula,2012.pdf   44.61KB   58 downloads

1 Like3 Thanks

thanks dear Charles.. best regards

Also see this recent post: 

Indoor air test by exposed petri dishes

Started by ahmed alabboud, Jan 29 2017 05:11 AM

Sorry, I don't know how to give you a link to this post, but was in the recent email from IFSQN.

Similar Discussion Topics
Fresh Garlic Microbiology Fruit Juice Microbiology Does anybody know the specs for microbiology results on raw material liquid sucrose? Microbiology Criteria Standard for Environmental Monitoring Program Food microbiology results for Chicken and Soup Microbiology Standard for Meat Processing Plant Microbiology Sampling Plan Microbiology of Frozen Whitebait Microbiology criteria for margarine, butter and milk Need some help with food microbiology calculation