What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How are you conducting your risk assessment?

Started by , Feb 14 2017 01:32 PM
6 Replies

Hello

I am in need of HACCP help.

Last week I have had internal audit performed by our company contractor. We had massive arguments about HACCP and risk assessments used.

He believes that I should do risk assessment (SxF=R) without taking any control measures into consideration and then use decision tree to decided what is CCP and what is not.

In my head it means that almost everything will need to be put through decision tree.

So what are you using in your risk assessment?  Decision tree or SxF=R or combination of both.

I am proposing following:

HACCP RISK ASSESSMENT Flow Step Name Hazard Identyfication  Likelihood Severity Significance Control Measures  Q1
Is the hazard manage by prerequisites? Q2
Are control measures in place Q3
Is this step specially designed to elimante/ reduce hazard  Q4
Could contamination happen to unacceptable level  Q5
Will subsequence process step eliminate hazard to acceptable level  CCP

Please help as I am confused.

Regards

Aggie

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Ingredient risk assesment Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment
[Ad]

Now with better picture

Attached Files

Hi Agnes,

Is this for FSMA or ?

Sorry i should mention it is against BRC

Sorry i should mention it is against BRC

Hi Agnes,

From memory, BRC Food specifies that HACCP is to follow Codex.

Afaik, most traditional haccp methodologies based on Codex do not require control measures to be inactive (whatever that specifically means) but FSMA does.

Codex is rather ambiguous regarding precise methodology to implement hazard analysis to determine CCPs but does note that Decision Trees are tools whose implementation (or not) is up to you. There are a variety of methods for doing  hazard analyses, all of which are probably auditor acceptable if they are "logical".

IIRC the classic haccp reference book (Mortimore,2013) uses a Codex-type Tree  at every process step.

Personally i determine CCPs based on a risk matrix only + PRPs (ie the left half of yr picture).

Assuming yr contractor used "must" twice, I think probably incorrect for the first and definitely incorrect for the second. :smile:

Decision Tree is usually to determine if Critical Control Point (CCP) or Prerequisite.

Severity x Frequency = Risk Level usually determines how critical it is to have the appropriate controls in place.

Your program review/trend analysis should tell you whether your controls are appropriate and adequate.

"Ah, no meteorite strikes in the last 100 years so we don't need an automatic missile system on the roof.  Twenty-six times rats were detected in the plant so we need a better pest control program."

Hello Aggie,

Please see attachement. It may help.

regards,

redfox

Risk Assessment_ifsqn.xlsx   25.98KB   133 downloads

]2.8 Determine CCP_ifsqn.docx   56.85KB   89 downloads

]Hazard Analysis Worksheet_ifsqn.docx   37.07KB   105 downloads

Matrix (SQF 2001)_ifsqn.xlsx   14.28KB   107 downloads

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Ingredient risk assesment Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Food Fraud Assessment for SQF Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Food fraud vulnerability assessment