Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 February 2021 - 05:40 PM

We are a 3PL with no exposed food product. All material is customer owned RTE products or bagged ingredients such as flour. We are struggling with the food fraud assessment for SQF. The free templates we have found online seem too complicated for no more than we do. Does anyone have a "simplified" version of what they used to satisfy this requirement? Brandon 

Mulan1010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 249 posts
  • 139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:55 PM

Look up VACCP it is designed like HACCP so you create Food Fraud mitigation strategies and correction procedures based on your process.  

Roshni

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 20 February 2021 - 03:02 AM

Hi bsearls, To carry out food fraud assessment it is important to understand what makes the ingredients in your food supply chain vulnerable. You can adopt the following steps for food fraud assessment:

1. Identify the ingredients in your food supply chain

2. Identify the factors that can make your ingredients. These factors may be 

a. value of ingredient

b. supplier fraud history

c.  supplier location 

" you may add additional factors"

3. Carry out the risk assessment.

4. Determine which is ingredient, raw materials is significantly vulnerable to food fraud.

5. Determine the existing controls.

6. Determine proposed action plan to mitigate the significant risk

7. Implement the action plan.

8. Monitor the effectiveness of action plan.

This is a ongoing assessment. Keep it simple. Hope this helps. Other contributors may add their inputs if I've missed out any points.

Regards

Roshni

"Everyone is responsible for food safety"

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 20 February 2021 - 06:11 AM

We are a 3PL with no exposed food product. All material is customer owned RTE products or bagged ingredients such as flour. We are struggling with the food fraud assessment for SQF. The free templates we have found online seem too complicated for no more than we do. Does anyone have a "simplified" version of what they used to satisfy this requirement? Brandon 

Hi bsearls,

I believe yr expectation/quest is correct.

I think there have been a few previous SQF threads which had similar queries to yr own but offhand I could not locate.

Maybe try a little searching.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,666 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:55 PM

Before you get into looking for something you don't need that can be basically an NA FOR A 3PL... look at this...

We have a 3pl as a client. They are just a pass thur, minimal separation of cases of sealed items, no touch on food products and all items are purchased by the client... they are exempt from this requirementvand have done two audita thua far without a hitch.

We did write the reasoning for the exemption and we did a risk assessment to show as to why we did not need to compky with this requirement... this may apply to your compant as well.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

CPF Quality

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 December 2021 - 05:09 PM

Good day!  We are a warehouse and distribution company. The product is all pass through. We recently completed our SQF audit and were documented as follows. 

"2.7.2- Food fraud vulnerability assessment 11/4/20 was documented. The latest assessment was done on 9/9/21. There was no threat or vulnerability found. However, the assessment is incomplete as the various products received on site comes from different manufacturers  and the threat of substitution, dilution, counterfeit is not assessed."

We have product from thousands of different manufacturers. I'm not sure how to address this. 

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,070 posts
  • 294 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 06 December 2021 - 06:51 PM

Good day!  We are a warehouse and distribution company. The product is all pass through. We recently completed our SQF audit and were documented as follows. 

"2.7.2- Food fraud vulnerability assessment 11/4/20 was documented. The latest assessment was done on 9/9/21. There was no threat or vulnerability found. However, the assessment is incomplete as the various products received on site comes from different manufacturers  and the threat of substitution, dilution, counterfeit is not assessed."

We have product from thousands of different manufacturers. I'm not sure how to address this. 

Address it in your supplier verification. Suppliers vetted through supplier verification program. Mention that you looked at different sources for commonly counterfeited items (an example - olive oil).

CPF Quality

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 December 2021 - 07:41 PM

I thought it was addressed in the supplier verification since we require all our suppliers to be GFSI. He didn't agree with me. 

Scotty_SQF

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 377 posts
  • 90 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:hiking, gravel biking, exploring the great outdoors

Posted 06 December 2021 - 08:02 PM

Attached is an assessment I created.  Like you, those assessments on-line are overly complicated for what we do as well.  I took ideas and questions and such form other sources on developed this.  I went through answered the questions and used the score scale to give it score.  Make sure you justify the answers and the score such as adding programs and things you do that help minimalize the impact and thus the score.  Hope this helps.  

Attached Files

CPF Quality

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 December 2021 - 08:09 PM

Thank you!  Do you think he wants a sheet for each product?  We have thousands! 

SJ_LPCR

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 April 2024 - 01:26 PM

Were you able to find a solution? We just received a non-conformance for the same issue. We are a warehouse and the shipments go out just as they are received. We had a program in place but apparently it wasn't meeting the auditor's expectations. We complete a food fraud assessments, and go through product inspections, check labels and seals, required completely sealed packaging and COAs for the products, and were told that those were not sufficient mitigation strategies against food fraud. Not sure what other mitigation strategies against food fraud we can implement at a warehouse; I am struggling finding examples and solutions that make sense for warehousing.

Rolaammar

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted Yesterday, 05:16 PM

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users