What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What are the rules for wearing beard nets in restaurants?

Started by , Feb 21 2017 10:38 PM
2 Replies

I am in Florida and I wonder if anyone knows the rules for servers, bartenders, and chefs concerning the wearing of a beard net

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Are hair nets necessary in an enclosed processing room? Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves Wearing hats and harinets GMP Enforcement when employee has medical note for smart watch wearing
[Ad]

Ooh sorry I saw the topic and didn't know you were US based.  In the UK there are no laws on it as far as I'm aware.  The law is only that the food should not be contaminated.  How you can achieve that without covering at least your head hair I don't know but you'd be shocked how few restaurants have effective head hair coverings let alone beard snoods / nets.  I am a habitual watcher of US food TV and certainly if any of the states do have laws on hair coverings of any kind, they appear to be widely flouted.

Would your local health inspector know?

Similar Discussion Topics
Are hair nets necessary in an enclosed processing room? Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves Wearing hats and harinets GMP Enforcement when employee has medical note for smart watch wearing Wearing gloves while palletizing Wearing hairnet when working with exposed samples? Beard nets control procedure How to quantitatively determine when a beard net must be worn? GMP rules for maintenance