What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sweet Potato Quality and Safety Standards

Started by , Feb 23 2017 10:07 AM
2 Replies

Hello,

First post on this guys, but have really been enjoying the information that the network provides.

Ok, so I am bringing a sweet potato product into our business and am wanting to gain some information around safety and quality standards for sweet potatoes.

I am wanting to try and build up an internal quality procedure for the product, but am struggling to understand what attributes are needed to be checked. I have found a few quality documents from the USDA but they seem to be more for market inspection. Storage of sweet potato is also an area I would like more information on.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Natalie.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Production plan on fish pie with sweet potato croquette in a mushroom sauce and puff pastry Critical limit of aluminium pieces by x-ray inspection in frozen steam sweet potato? Looking for a UK supplier that can conduct steam sterilization of sweet potato flour How to control stone contamination in frozen steamed sweet potato? Quality standard for freeze fried sweet potato product
[Ad]

Hello,

First post on this guys, but have really been enjoying the information that the network provides.

Ok, so I am bringing a sweet potato product into our business and am wanting to gain some information around safety and quality standards for sweet potatoes.

I am wanting to try and build up an internal quality procedure for the product, but am struggling to understand what attributes are needed to be checked. I have found a few quality documents from the USDA but they seem to be more for market inspection. Storage of sweet potato is also an area I would like more information on.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Natalie.

Hi Natalie,

You omitted to mention what the intended presentation of the product was.

Googling offers a variety of possibilties. I hv attached a couple.

sw1 - sweet potato, 2012.pdf   1.44MB   32 downloads

sw2 - sweet_potato,2016.pdf   1.13MB   38 downloads

1 Thank

Hello Charles,

Thank you for your reply. It will be a chipped sweet potato raw, for consumers to cooked at home. I am just unsure of the quality issues for the product.

I've found the product drying out too slight once chipped, which is of slight concern. However, I have found that other retail products are similar so maybe this isn't a quality issue of concern.

Kind regards,

Natalie.

Similar Discussion Topics
Production plan on fish pie with sweet potato croquette in a mushroom sauce and puff pastry Critical limit of aluminium pieces by x-ray inspection in frozen steam sweet potato? Looking for a UK supplier that can conduct steam sterilization of sweet potato flour How to control stone contamination in frozen steamed sweet potato? Quality standard for freeze fried sweet potato product What are CCP's in HACCP system for frozed steamed sweet potato? Handling product description in HACCP for 300 Chocolate sweet products Sweet wrapper in product tray - how to respond to the complaint? Sweet eating outside - Do you allow it? Toffee/Sweet Manufacture