What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

5.25 Release Procedures

Started by , Mar 07 2017 07:43 PM
6 Replies

5.25.1.3 - I need to do a Hold and Release Program. Would this be the right way to go about it? I was going to do a Hold and Release sheet that will contain

Date on Hold

Reason for Hold

Customer

Date Released

who authorized the Release

documents attached  for release.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Transportation Procedures Food Security Policies and Procedures SQF 2.4.7 Product Release External Cleaning Contractor Procedures and Records Changeover and documentation procedures requirements
[Ad]

Been a while since I did AIB requirements, but I would suggest the following:

Quantity on hold

Reason for hold

Place hold was quarantined

Quantity released

Reason for release

Probably more than AIB requires, but good info to have.

Marshall

1 Thank

Thank you. We store peanuts and tree nuts and dried fruits. If you have any more suggestions would be great.

You should also include:

Item

Item Description

Disposition -- What are you doing to the product, for example: Accept as is/Rework/Scrap.

A couple of years ago we added a disposition matrix to our Hold program - The person who is allowed to disposition the product depends on the severity of the hold (food safety - potential recall v. minor quality issue).  

We also added where in the process the hold occurred:  At receipt, during the process, or at the end (final inspection) -- Our goal being to find the problems earlier!

Good luck! 

1 Thank

Here's our program and the forms we use.

Attached Files

1 Like9 Thanks

Hi,

I also have questions on section 5.25.1.3 regarding release procedures.  We produce paperboard packaging and I need to develop release procedures for our finished product.  Everything I have read in this thread appears to be related to product that has been placed on hold and then needs released.  We have what I would consider a continual release procedure.  Customer places PO, production prints PO, shipping ships PO.  Other than the quality procedures performed during production no other testing or verification is performed before product is shipped.  Is it as simple as documenting our process?

Thanks for the help in advance!

WCC1121

WCC1121 please see my attachments that I did. Hope this helps.

Attached Files

3 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Transportation Procedures Food Security Policies and Procedures SQF 2.4.7 Product Release External Cleaning Contractor Procedures and Records Changeover and documentation procedures requirements X-ray reject investigation and product release Procedures for the safe, legal disposal or return of obsolete or out-of-date chemicals and empty chemical containerstainers Cleaning Procedures in Coffee Manufacturing and Packaging Example HACCP Manual and Procedures for Packaging Company Chiller and Freezer Breakdown Procedures