What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Raw meat and cooked meat mixed production

Started by , Mar 22 2017 12:42 PM
4 Replies

Good morning,

The production team are pushing me to be able to utilise a piece of equipment for cooked meat and raw meat. Starting the day using it for cooked meat and then moving over to raw meat.

I have listed several reasons to the production why this is not feasible and should not occur many of them people and process related. I would like to benchmark against what others are doing. Does anybody else have this scenario in their facility?

Thank you in advance,

Jenny

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Fumes in the Production Facility Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products.
[Ad]

Jenny, you would have to be able to validate this process against hazards for CFIA to grant you permission to do this. CFIA's objection will run both ways, but particularly how can you be sure it's clean after raw in order to SAFELY run cooked?

May i ask what the piece of equipment is?

Hi Scampi,

It is a sealing machine, (Multivac Thermoforming). The film is new and this is technically the only thing that actually touches the food item. My concern is that the machine is in our 'raw meat' processing room. Although I can restrict the activity in this room during those packaging times, I am concerned that a person or piece of equipment etc. will easily create a cross contamination situation.

Thanks in advance,

Jenny 

Hi Jenny,

Hopefully nothing like this -

http://www.bbc.com/n...-wales-11814600

I would push hard Jenny...perhaps find more articles like the one charles posted and put it on managements desk OR you can run it by CFIA and then watch them scramble!  Use CFIA to your advantage where appropriate.  Do you have inspection daily/weekly?

The outside of each container will have been handled by personnel handling raw meat thus contaminating the rest of the machine

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Fumes in the Production Facility Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves Is touching boxes and par cooked bacon allowed while scaling and packaging? Reworking Spoiled Pork Meat Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Inhalers in production rooms