What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Quality Failure Rate

Started by , Mar 23 2017 04:42 PM
2 Replies

Hello,

I am looking for the proper term that would describe the Failure Rate of expected packages within a manufacturing process? For instance, out of 1 million packages, I can expect 10 packages to be bad.

I am not sure if its a Six Sigma method.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Salary for Quality Control Supervisor HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards
[Ad]
Hi mec862

most companies measure the rate of non-conforming products by setting for customer complaints.  5 customer complaint for one million packs gives you 99 percent in specification products.

Kind regards

Humaid Khan

MD 

Halal International Services

Beverly Hills NSW2209

Terms used include Acceptable Defect Level or Acceptable Quality Level

I don't get the previous post regarding complaint levels (5/1,000,000 = 0.0005%), for one you are not guaranteed to get a complaint for every defect although monitoring complaint levels and measuring complaints per million units is a good idea. See the article I wrote Using Trend Analysis to Reduce Complaint levels

Kind regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Salary for Quality Control Supervisor HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Building a Sustainable Culture of Quality and Food Safety Annual Food Safety & Quality Training Burger Quality Concern Greasiness Example of Quality Objectives According to BRC Issue 6 How to make a Quality Manual?