What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is SQF inspection based on categories or HACCP plans?

Started by , Mar 30 2017 09:37 PM
4 Replies

I need some clarification.  We are preparing to have our first SQF inspection.  We have at least 10 different HACCP plans, however they are grouped into 3 categories.  Would our inspection be based off 3 categories or the number of plans in the category?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans
[Ad]

I need some clarification.  We are preparing to have our first SQF inspection.  We have at least 10 different HACCP plans, however they are grouped into 3 categories.  Would our inspection be based off 3 categories or the number of plans in the category?

Hi Jena,

Not a SQF user but i anticipate one of the primary criteria will be the risk status of the categories and the specific products involved.

A little more context may be required to give meaningful replies, eg the categories, product types therein ?.

The current categories are intact (4 different plans) Non-Intact (5 plans) Fully Cooked - Not Shelf Stable (3 plans) .  Is this considered 3 haccp plans or 12, for sake of SQF certification?  

Sounds to me thst you have 12 plans.

The food sector categories equate to the applicable midules not to the haacp categories.

The categories of the haacp plans however may effect the number of additional FSCs that you will to address.

Most I've ever come across was 42 haacp plans. That was a fun day!

Egad!!! 42. Thank you Glenn. Feeling much better about my day now :ejut:

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Is HACCP broken?