What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to reduce Carbon Dioxide Yield Losses in Soda?

Started by , Apr 14 2017 09:25 AM
3 Replies

I work in a soda company and we are struggling with the CO2 yield ranging from 30-50%. what could we be doing wrong??? how can we improve this... Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks,

GACHII

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) test in juices and soft drinks Craft soda production testing Label claims on supplements how to reduce testing Glove use when frying foods to reduce cross contamination Do GFSI audits reduce food safety audits?
[Ad]

You'll receive better answers if you include your current process and equipment, what your target/ideal CO2 reading should be, if you're testing post-production or on the line (leaking from container/closure?).

We are using a unibloc machine from AVE and the reading is post production. The industry average yield is >75% for PET bottles.

Thanks for the extra information.

This is not my industry, but based on the information you provided I would ask the following questions before reaching out to an expert.

1. Does your CO2 yield change immediately after capping, 4 hours after capping, 1 day after capping? This will eliminate your bottle or closure as the issue if CO2 remains stable, or implicate them if it does not.

2. Have you tried running different container/closure combinations through your filler/capper?

3. Is the yield different for bottles at the beginning of the run vs the end of the run?

Collect a ton of data and reach out to AVE, they'll be the best resource to help you troubleshoot efficiency issues.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) test in juices and soft drinks Craft soda production testing Label claims on supplements how to reduce testing Glove use when frying foods to reduce cross contamination Do GFSI audits reduce food safety audits? Titanium Dioxide in packaging Current status of E171 (Titanium dioxide) in Canada for imported goods Chlorine dioxide as additive in Japanese products How do you reduce or eliminate coliforms in packaged baked goods at a cookies and crackers manufacturing company? Is there a treatment to reduce high mold counts on Oregano Ground?