[Ad]

Construction material for floor

Started by , Apr 20 2017 12:20 PM

addendum

Some examples -

http://www.houzz.com...eel-floor-tiles

http://www.archiexpo...floor-1599.html

8 Replies

Can MS iron sheets be used as flooring material inside the facility ? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New construction due to Expanding our FSC- Baking Left Construction to Join the Family Business Are there any written standards for construction of new food factory in UK? Construction and layout for a new seafood processing facility Food Safety SOPs Following Construction
[Ad]

Can MS iron sheets be used as flooring material inside the facility ? 

Hi kartik,

I presume MS = mild steel

Sounds like an opportunity for corrosion ?

I'm curious why you would like a steel floor ?

Actually I saw this flooring in one of the facility. Cemented floor tends to disrupt easily due to the usage of forklift truck and heavy drums. Can you please suggest some better flooring option?

We use tiles in our clean rooms

Actually I saw this flooring in one of the facility. Cemented floor tends to disrupt easily due to the usage of forklift truck and heavy drums. Can you please suggest some better flooring option?

IIRC there is cement and then there is quality cement. :smile:

Many plate/air blast freezers are mounted on cement floors.

Epoxy ?

IMEX tiles require a lot of maintenance. But it may depend on the specific material.

There are some super-loadable surfaces but they can cost a small fortune.

It's not just the surface. It's also what may be underneath it.

Sir, movement of trolley's and forklift trucks makes it hard for the company to maintain the integrity of cemented or epoxy coated cemented floor.  Epoxy coating generally peels up due to the heavy work and if there is some product spillage, its hard to clean and maintain. so, can MS be used a flooring option if it is maintained properly?

Sir, movement of trolley's and forklift trucks makes it hard for the company to maintain the integrity of cemented or epoxy coated cemented floor.  Epoxy coating generally peels up due to the heavy work and if there is some product spillage, its hard to clean and maintain. so, can MS be used a flooring option if it is maintained properly?

Hi kartik,

It sounds like you may have a problem with yr floor contractors.

I posed yr query to Google in a Prduction context. One hit for an office. Sorry.

1 Thank

Go with QUALITY cement.  All flooring will degrade over time with load, traffic, and chemical usage.  I've had experience with tiles, epoxy, composite, cement, and even mild steel flooring.

The mild steel was the worst.  Not only does it corrode, it warps and you can get up with water trapped underneath the steel.  Don't go there....that is just asking for heaps and heaps of trouble in the long run.

Epoxy or composite can be good, but yes it can peel up in spots over time.  However, these are more easily repaired than other materials.  Cost can get up there though....

2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
New construction due to Expanding our FSC- Baking Left Construction to Join the Family Business Are there any written standards for construction of new food factory in UK? Construction and layout for a new seafood processing facility Food Safety SOPs Following Construction Level of access for a contract worker, e.g., construction SQF 11.2.3 Wall Construction What additional steps does a food plant need to take when undergoing construction? 13.2.3.1 Ceilings - durable construction defined Construction - Service Provider who Sub-Contracts