What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Specs For EVERYTHING?

Started by , May 18 2017 09:07 AM
1 Reply

Hi everyone,

Just trying to get some opinions regarding product specifications. The company I work for sells all kinds of products to the catering industry such as fruit, veg, cheese, bread etc... We have specs for all the products we sell on a regular basis (aka 'stock items') but I was wondering if everyone thought I should have specs for things ordered as a one-off such as a specialty cheese or an uncommon fruit? If this is the case I'll be asking for hundreds of specs, particularly form our cheese suppliers.

Many thanks,

Andy

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Finished Product Micro Testing Specs Thoughts regarding allergen control and supplier specs that detail May Contain? Does anybody know the specs for microbiology results on raw material liquid sucrose? Do you use a program to store your suppliers certificates and specs on? SQF 11.2.9.1 - Specs and requirements for equipment, utensils etc.
[Ad]

Yep, for everything you sell but as you say, just ask for your supplier's spec so you have it, forward it on and keep an electronic copy.  No need to do anything massive with it.  You do need specs though because otherwise you may not be compliant with the FIR legislation unless the item is fully packaged.

Similar Discussion Topics
Finished Product Micro Testing Specs Thoughts regarding allergen control and supplier specs that detail May Contain? Does anybody know the specs for microbiology results on raw material liquid sucrose? Do you use a program to store your suppliers certificates and specs on? SQF 11.2.9.1 - Specs and requirements for equipment, utensils etc. Do we put micro monitoring that is not legally required on our specs? Salmonella specs 1.06.01 Food Safety Specs 11.2.9.1 - specs for equipment, utensils & protective clothing Micro Required in Produce Specs?