What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FSMA - Hazard Analysis

Started by , May 30 2017 09:03 PM
11 Replies

When you do the Hazard Analysis.  Do you have to do Hazard Analysis on each ingredients or each step of the process.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF & FSMA Plan FSMA- Preventive Controls- Practical example of hazard analysis? BRCGS recognised by the FDA for FSMA Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule FSMA Topics BRCGS Information on FSMA Final Rule on Requirements for Additional Traceability Records for Certain Foods
[Ad]

When you do the Hazard Analysis.  Do you have to do Hazard Analysis on each ingredients or each step of the process.

No idea about FSMA but within the scope of a typical, traditional, haccp plan, the objective of HA is to determine any significant hazards generated from the inputs/process steps which will exist at the finished (stored) product (and including any subsequent treatment by the consumer).

So both.

That's why it's called hazard analysis.

Remembering their quirky concept of Preventive Controls, I daresay FSMA will be different, just to be a PITA. :smile:

1 Thank

We're doing hazard analysis per process :spoton:

We're doing hazard analysis per process :spoton:

Hi IBG,

Thks for comment.

So why do you not include inputs ? Please clarify.

Posted Today, 05:03 AM

For typical "Hazard Analysis" (I think FSMA will accept the common process of conducting hazard analysis), we need to carry out for each raw material, packaging material and each process step. However, certain raw or packaging materials that have the same characteristics in terms of biological, physical and microbiological aspects, you may group them together and carry out the hazard analysis only once.

Yong

1 Thank

For typical "Hazard Analysis" (I think FSMA will accept the common process of conducting hazard analysis), we need to carry out for each raw material, packaging material and each process step. However, certain raw or packaging materials that have the same characteristics in terms of biological, physical and microbiological aspects, you may group them together and carry out the hazard analysis only once.

Yong

This in PCQI training they informed us that a hazard analysis of ingredients is recommended. However you can group them into categories just like any other risk assessment.

1 Thank

YES to both

Each ingredient (or family of) must have its own line in the HA.  

You can group ingredients in families share similar characteristics.

From there you determine whether the risk needs control or not; and who controls this risk; and when you need a Preventive Control (PC)

Hello All,

I would like to ask who were conducting PCQI training specially here in Philippines? 

regards,

redfox

you conduct the HA on both.  You create the flow chart and where you have receiving the ingredients, that is where you break it down to the ingredients of the mix.  You can combine like ingredients but they have to have the same HA.  Before our FDA Inspection I thought it was either process or product.

Another 1-year old thread.

Answer:

The Hazard Analysis must be carried out for all steps in the process and ingredients.

Hi All, the Hazards analysis is done at each one of the production process of an specific product from receiving to shipping and it includes all the ingredients in the formula.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF & FSMA Plan FSMA- Preventive Controls- Practical example of hazard analysis? BRCGS recognised by the FDA for FSMA Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule FSMA Topics BRCGS Information on FSMA Final Rule on Requirements for Additional Traceability Records for Certain Foods Spice Industry Environmental Monitoring Program- Ready to Eat-FSMA Does tea manufacturing fall outside the scope of the FSMA? Differences between FSMA, VQIP and FDA Audits Estimated cost of a FSMA Gap Assessment (21CFR117) FSMA - Domestic Supplier Approval