What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Raw ingredient/material Hazard Analysis

Started by , Jun 07 2017 01:17 PM
3 Replies

Hello all,

I'm new to this field. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers or feedback they could give me on this subject of hazard analysis for raw ingredients. Anything is appreciated. Attatched is a draft of a hazard analysis for one of our ingredients. 

Butter Unsalted 55#.xlsx   15.17KB   208 downloads

2 Likes
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Ingredient List Question (FDA, USA) SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis Non-food grade ingredient In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color?
[Ad]

It's a very generic hazard analysis, but it's not bad! I'm a little confused as to whether you're doing a hazard analysis on the receipt and storage of butter, or if you continue to go through the entire process of a different product in which butter is used (mixing, production, packaging).

1 Thank

The way that our FSIS inspector explained it to me, was that they wanted to see it analyzed during each process step it goes through. Fairly amibiguous, and I haven't had much more guidance other than what I could find online.  

Hello all,

I'm new to this field. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers or feedback they could give me on this subject of hazard analysis for raw ingredients. Anything is appreciated. Attatched is a draft of a hazard analysis for one of our ingredients. 

Butter Unsalted 55#.xlsx

Hi patthebaker,

As per previous Post, you really need to present a more detailed flowchart of the total process/sub-processes. It's unclear to me what the "production" actually is, baking ??. This flowchart determines the overall hazard analysis (HA) of which the HA of ingredients is one contribution.

I'm unfamiliar with FSIS's specific requirements regarding format but just as an example of one format (there are many) -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ge-4#entry50651

(the right hand chunk is specific to ISO only, not related to yr analysis)

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Ingredient List Question (FDA, USA) SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis Non-food grade ingredient In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Use of confirmed OOS material in other projects Sampling plan and risk analysis Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling