What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Beef Labelling requirements

Started by , Jun 13 2017 08:36 PM
1 Reply

Hi

Can somebody advise!

I work in a beef cutting plant where we de-bone into primal cuts and send to catering butchers, further processing etc. What I would like to know is we are looking at label information and redesign and we are looking at removing the KILL DATE from the label. Does this have to be on the label or can we take off. I am thinking this comes under regulation for voluntary requirements

look forward to you comments

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mock Recalls - Seafood and Beef What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks? Shelf life testing of beef and chicken donair meat Discoloration and browning in raw ground beef products High Enterobacteria and TVC Counts on Minced Beef
[Ad]

According to this link:

www.gov.uk/guidance/comply-with-the-compulsory-beef-labelling-scheme

You do not need a slaughter date

Similar Discussion Topics
Mock Recalls - Seafood and Beef What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks? Shelf life testing of beef and chicken donair meat Discoloration and browning in raw ground beef products High Enterobacteria and TVC Counts on Minced Beef Finished product critical parameters for dry aging of beef Raw beef boxing Shelf life study of raw beef sandwich steaks Mould growth above whole beef carcasses Environmental Monitoring for Beef and Pork Slaughter Plant