What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Modified Atmosphere Packaging effect on hard boiled eggs

Started by , Jun 14 2017 10:49 AM
1 Reply

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any peered review literature on the following:

I want to know at what levels Oxygen/Carbon Dioxide need to be set at to inhibit microbial growth and maintain egg quality of hard boiled eggs.

The process provides a final pH of around 2.5 eggs are placed in brine solution, cooked etc so microbial isolation at final product is <100 SPC.

Is a level of 50% CO2 and 10% O2 appropriate?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Modified Food Safety Plan Do we need to provide evidence in specifications to claim products are genetically modified?
[Ad]

Your process may reflect on the final outcome of your product.

I suggest contacting your local gas supplier, and they may supply suggested gas combinations.

I also recommend to conduct a shelf life study on such process, it will protect you, and also provide you data on your results.

Similar Discussion Topics
Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants Modified Food Safety Plan Do we need to provide evidence in specifications to claim products are genetically modified? Recurring complaints for mouldy, discoloration packs in pepperoni packed in modified atmosphere CCPs for Modified atmosphere packing and Water activity Modified Atmosphere Packaging and using Oxygen Scavengers Need help interpreting CODEX standard microbial limits for modified starch Fresh Unprocessed Meat Low Oxygen Modified Atmosphere Packaging Raw Ma