What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Any good books on bakery and pastry information?

Started by , Jun 19 2017 05:01 PM
6 Replies

Hi everyone,

Any good books on bakery and pastry information? 

Use of ingredients, purposes, controls to be done to evaluate a good flour, use of additives,that sort of stuff.

(worked for 18 years in a cannery and now want to know all there is to know about bakety and pastry. Using the theory as part of the practical going to production).

Would prefer if the books or info were free in the begining,as I have come across some books, but so far very expensive.

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Live seafood wholesale information How can I check good sterilization? SQF 2.4.2. Good Manufacturing Practices Technical Knowledge and Information Sources How to evaluate expired inventory to prove they are good to use?
[Ad]

I do not understand your question, may you please be more specific or provide examples scenarios of what you are trying to accomplish?

I do not understand your question, may you please be more specific or provide examples scenarios of what you are trying to accomplish?

Hi Belmont,

I think the OP is seeking textbooks on Process control in the baking Industry.

Unfortunately not many authors work for free.

1 Thank

I understand now, thank you for confirming that for me Charles.

Mr. Mjoaocardoso,

If you wish to receive consulting, we also have a commercial bakery here in the Chicago-land area.

What kind of products are you looking to produce?

The OP is in Portugal.

Hi,

Thanks for the answers.

I have come across a book, it was for free reading and found it quite good.

Was hoping to find more,but some of them are actually quite expensive.

Thanks

regards

Maria

Hi Maria,

Listed below is a link  which offers free download of a book.

I have found the information quite relevant and helpful.

It is focused on the testing methods used for analysis of flour as part

of quality control. Hope this helps.

http://www.grains.k-...wheatflourbook/

Similar Discussion Topics
Live seafood wholesale information How can I check good sterilization? SQF 2.4.2. Good Manufacturing Practices Technical Knowledge and Information Sources How to evaluate expired inventory to prove they are good to use? Does Anyone Know Of a Good affordable Lab to test ingredientsfor purity, strength, identity, and composition Food Safety Considerations in a Pinsa Bakery Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction? Looking for information on condensed milk process Does anyone have any information about or experience with Candida valida?