What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to specified the suitable heat treatment for Chia seed?

Started by , Jul 10 2017 03:52 AM
2 Replies

Hi everyone,

I have to decide heat treatment for the Chia seed in fruit juice, pH < 3.9. The heat process is in tube.

I would like to know how to proved that the inside of seed is already acidified? Expected to use the juice base (pH < 3.8) to acidified the seed.

The final product will be shelf stable please recommend suitable temp / time.

Note : chia seed is quite solid and it gel after soak in water.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Pallet treatment standards for a food facility Suitable Flashlights for Inspections by the Production Team Is PVC walls with colorful printout on them suitable for raw materials storage? Microbial Validation your container, container closure, and headspace treatment process Type of migration test suitable to test on repeat used of HDPE Plastic for steaming
[Ad]

Need to look into UV or Radiation and not heat treatment - Chia seeds are very sensitive to heat.

Hi everyone,

I have to decide heat treatment for the Chia seed in fruit juice, pH < 3.9. The heat process is in tube.

I would like to know how to proved that the inside of seed is already acidified? Expected to use the juice base (pH < 3.8) to acidified the seed.

The final product will be shelf stable please recommend suitable temp / time.

Note : chia seed is quite solid and it gel after soak in water.

Hi testt,

See this lengthy discussion on chia seeds -

http://www.ifsqn.com...for-kill-steps/

Similar Discussion Topics
Pallet treatment standards for a food facility Suitable Flashlights for Inspections by the Production Team Is PVC walls with colorful printout on them suitable for raw materials storage? Microbial Validation your container, container closure, and headspace treatment process Type of migration test suitable to test on repeat used of HDPE Plastic for steaming Chemical treatment for red flour beetles and weevils Chemical Parameters of Ready To Heat Curries and Fried Rice SQF 11.5.2 Water Treatment Literature Validation of thermal treatment Heat Treating Spices - Need validation data