• Quick Navigation
Photo

Is PVC walls with colorful printout on them suitable for raw materials storage?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

DSTechnicalManager

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2024 - 02:46 PM

Hi,

I have questioned one of the manufacturing sites about their walls in raw materials storage area. It is a PVC wall with printed meadow on it. For me, it is not easy to detect dirt on this wall, hence why i think it is not suitable for RM storage wall. 

What is your view on it ?

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 24 January 2024 - 02:55 PM

If your raw materials are stored properly packed and kept distanced from the walls, and if your PVC walls are not flaking I don't see hazard.

Brothbro

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 363 posts
  • 115 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Aimlessly browsing the internet

Posted 24 January 2024 - 04:55 PM

I agree with olenazh that it's a little nit-picky to ask them to repaint the wall just because it's hard to detect dirt on it. If they're storing their RM properly there shouldn't be a lot of product being flung onto the walls. I would be more concerned with having a plain white wall in a processing room where it's common for debris to get everywhere. 

It may be more productive for you to think about: How often is the wall (and the RM room in general) cleaned? How can I verify that the wall is indeed clean? A lot of areas in a food production plant get cleaned routinely even if they aren't "visibly dirty". In that sense, a routine cleaning schedule makes the color of the wall less relevant. If an auditor is upset with the design of the wall you can point to your cleaning history and swab results.

G M

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 530 posts
  • 102 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 January 2024 - 06:44 PM

Hi,

I have questioned one of the manufacturing sites about their walls in raw materials storage area. It is a PVC wall with printed meadow on it. For me, it is not easy to detect dirt on this wall, hence why i think it is not suitable for RM storage wall. 

What is your view on it ?

Can't be any worse than wooden pallets stacked above each other in racking.  

A few of our warehouse areas have patches of wall painted in company colors for team spirit or whatever.  Product and ingredients aren't allowed to be 'open' in those areas, so it doesn't bother me.

Thanked by 1 Member:

MOHAMMED ZAMEERUDDIN

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 276 posts
  • 59 thanks
Excellent

• India
    India
  • Interests:Sharing the Knowledge

Posted 25 January 2024 - 04:43 AM

If no flaking then it is OK but better to opt for light colour wall.

DSTechnicalManager

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2024 - 09:09 AM

Hi

Thanks all ..My point was that they are going to storage raw materials in the room where the walls is ( the factory is only just setting up) and raw materials include liquids etc so if there is any accidental spillage on the wall printed with colorful flowers it might them be difficult to see. 

As mentioned above, factory is just setting up so difficult to say of the paint will be flaking.. But thank you all for your opinions!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users