What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to determine Hygienic Zones

Started by , Jul 27 2017 07:48 PM
1 Reply

Hello Everyone,

I was told by a colleague that in Processing areas less than 20,000 sqft Zone 3 sites are to be treated at Zone 2 sites.  Is this true?  If so, where can I find the documented source?  My Plant Manager wants written confirmation.

Thanks in advance

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Questions used to determine the critical control point Hygienic design risk assessment Risk assessment to determine frequency of ATP swabbing How to determine tolerance BRCGS Risk Zones - Crustaceans
[Ad]

I suspect this information is coming from the FDA Investigations Operations Manual.  However, maybe the interpretation is slightly incorrect.  In Chapter 4 (page 135-136), the environmental zones are defined.  The Zone 2 definition makes reference to 20,000 sq. ft. as an example for a larger processing area, but I think some folks have taken this number and tried to make it a hard rule.  It is important to read the full definition for all zones and make the best decision based on your processes and traffic patterns.   

Attached Files

4 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Questions used to determine the critical control point Hygienic design risk assessment Risk assessment to determine frequency of ATP swabbing How to determine tolerance BRCGS Risk Zones - Crustaceans Are there any hygienic design requirement for the dosing and control of MAP gases How to quantitatively determine when a beard net must be worn? How do you determine parameters and what type of testing needs to be completed by a lab for your finished product? Risk assessment to determine if recall necessary Determine of critical limits Foreign Material -> SS 5.0 mm in sachet products?