What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Plastic Rotary Spray Balls For C.I.P

Started by , Sep 01 2017 08:58 PM
1 Reply

Greetings Friends,

My maintenance manager and I ordered 4 plastic rotary spray balls to try out.  I was just about to put them on some of our large tanks after trying them on a few small manual CIP tanks.  Here is the problem;

My QS manager and owner do not like them because they believe that the plastic will become brittle over time and break of into the product.

Does anyone have experience with these?  If so, how do they work over extended operations times. 

(Gould Model 101946 Rotary Head).

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Coating inside the carton for plastic bottle Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs? How do I safely open tough protective plastic lids on packaged consumables? Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages
[Ad]

All depends on time, temperature, and chemical exposure and the type of plastic or plastic blend.  They could be made of teflon which is typical of "plastic" parts in the US for dairy manufacturers.  You'll have to reach out to the supplier to get more specifics on the type of plastic and inform them of the application including time, temperature, and chemical exposure.

As with any part that is a food contact or used for food contact it needs to be inspected periodically.

Similar Discussion Topics
Coating inside the carton for plastic bottle Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs? How do I safely open tough protective plastic lids on packaged consumables? Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit Type of migration test suitable to test on repeat used of HDPE Plastic for steaming BRCGS 4.9.3 Glass, brittle plastic, ceramics, and similar Root cause of bottled water having a plastic smell? Glass and Hard plastic check