What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Pest Control - Acceptable locations for spraying & dusting

Started by , Sep 28 2017 01:48 PM
3 Replies

We have been certified to IFS PACsecure standard for the past three years, and our Pest Control Procedure has never been questioned.  Recently we were audited by a customer and there was concern that our procedure did not encompass the below:

1. The pest control program does not include
    1. written instructions for acceptable locations of spraying and dusting with insecticides

In checking various standards, I have not been able to find a clear reference and am wondering if anyone is familiar with standard limitation guidelines, etc? 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Requirements - Pest Control Validation of prerequisites such as pest control Pest Control Risk Assessment Report Form Supplier Multiple Non-Conformances Pest BRCGSv9 Clause 4.14.7 - Pest Management on Birds
[Ad]

do you have a pest control service?  Start with them and see what their requirement would be if they have to apply it - i.e. how much of a surrounding area would have to be cleared out, how long before you can return items to that area, clean up requirements, etc.   Then you could determine if you have an area that meets these requirements.

1 Thank

Thanks for the idea.  We do have a Pest Control company and I'll pose the question you've suggested

Good to know, we do not have the acceptable locations for pesticides written down in our pest control program/PRP. Will add this ty Peaches!

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Requirements - Pest Control Validation of prerequisites such as pest control Pest Control Risk Assessment Report Form Supplier Multiple Non-Conformances Pest BRCGSv9 Clause 4.14.7 - Pest Management on Birds SQF Pest Control Module 10 Need help with laundry and pest control service performance monitoring check list How to collect pest control data for easier monitoring? USDA Pest Sighting- Plant shutdown Pest prevention for spices and botanicals