What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Recall & Traceability

Started by , Oct 19 2017 06:03 AM
3 Replies
Recall & Traceability

Start Time: 4.40 p.m. London, 11.40 p.m. New York

Al Grant, Senior Manager with NSF Consulting and Technical Services

Open discussion about industry best practices on product recall and traceability programs; including the importance of conducting a mock recall at least annually.  How robust is your traceability program? Have you challenged your traceability program with a stopwatch?  
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Quaker Recall BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker SQF regulatory recall How to maintain a receiving and production system for recall?
[Ad]

Great to see the topic of recalls on the agenda! Will you also be reviewing the International standard for product recall - ISO 10393? 

What about meal delivery companies?  Some are direct to consumer, no middle man.  Notification becomes a concern.

Guest _Jeff Abrahamson that is an excellent question. I think it will depend how we define "meal". There are now delivery services for groceries that customers choose, as well as "meal kits" to be made in the home, there may be others that are basically like "take out". Still, other companies are basically catering services (i.e.: school lunch programs). I think the requirements will need to be very well-defined, and based on risk.  

Similar Discussion Topics
Quaker Recall BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker SQF regulatory recall How to maintain a receiving and production system for recall? Mock Recall Exercise: Determining Recall Classification (Metal Contamination) SQF- Recall/Traceability - Time of Completion Can we use Mock Recall information for a Traceability Exercise Risk assessment to determine if recall necessary Customer requesting information for mock recall