What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FSMA Supply Chain PC

Started by , Nov 09 2017 08:01 PM
2 Replies

Hello All,

I have a question in regards to the Supply Chain Preventive Control. If we receive ready to eat ingredients from a supplier, do we have to have a letter from them stating that they control the hazard? For example, if we receive in chocolate chunks and have identified Salmonella as a biological hazard, do we have to contact our supplier and ask them how they are controlling against Salmonella?

Much Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSMA 204 - GDST, tracking KDEs and CTEs,etc. SQF & FSMA Plan FSMA- Preventive Controls- Practical example of hazard analysis? BRCGS recognised by the FDA for FSMA Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule FSMA Topics
[Ad]

My understanding is that (if you have no other kill step in your own process) you conduct verification activities. So things like an onsite audit, actual sampling and testing (if they do this already, review their actual lab results, are they using an appropriate ISO accredited lab etc.), or look at food safety records for supplier for that ingredient. Do you have PCQI training? I'm referring to page 12-10 in the manual. 

Thanks for the response. I will take a look at that section again in the manual.

Thanks!!

Similar Discussion Topics
FSMA 204 - GDST, tracking KDEs and CTEs,etc. SQF & FSMA Plan FSMA- Preventive Controls- Practical example of hazard analysis? BRCGS recognised by the FDA for FSMA Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule FSMA Topics BRCGS Information on FSMA Final Rule on Requirements for Additional Traceability Records for Certain Foods Spice Industry Environmental Monitoring Program- Ready to Eat-FSMA Does tea manufacturing fall outside the scope of the FSMA? Differences between FSMA, VQIP and FDA Audits Estimated cost of a FSMA Gap Assessment (21CFR117)