What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Live Poultry Specification

Started by , Nov 24 2017 01:24 PM
2 Replies

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone can help me regarding live bird specification requirenment. I work in polutry slaughterhouse and cutting plant and have all info ( including specs, self questionaires, acreditations etc.) for all the raw materials and packaging. The only thing I'm missing is details of our main indigrient source- live bird. I asked our live bird supplier for a specification but they didn't know what I want from them. Is it something unusual what I'm requesting? Like with everything I would like to have an agreement with supplier of any goods stating what I need ( in case they send pigeoans for slaughter instead of chickens I would feel more comfortable if I had a specific details of what they should provide). If you know what I might be after please let me know what should be in such a spec- a draft example maybe...

Many thanks

Tad

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Live seafood wholesale information Tote Dumping live raw crabs onto a conveyor belt Food Safety Live 2021 - Day 2 Food Safety Live 2021 - Day 1 Seafood distributor: microbiological testing for live holding tanks? ie, fish, crab, prawns, lobster, shellfish etc.
[Ad]

Off the top of my head (haven't worked in slaughter personally), my requested spec might include things like:

Species or breed(s) supplied to me

Age of birds supplied

Minimum or average live weight or carcass weight you should expect

% birds with antemortem "defect" (e.g. DoA, non ambulatory/injuries, or % that would be rejected/condemned for signs of illness)

Any requirements you had for vaccination or just a guarantee that poultry have been raised within the requirements of the law, wait period after any medications was observed, etc.

Any requirements you may have for label claims (e.g. no medicated feed fed, organic)

1 Thank

I worked in the poultry area for many years.....this link should help you out

http://www.inspectio...138?chap=3#s8c3

Similar Discussion Topics
Live seafood wholesale information Tote Dumping live raw crabs onto a conveyor belt Food Safety Live 2021 - Day 2 Food Safety Live 2021 - Day 1 Seafood distributor: microbiological testing for live holding tanks? ie, fish, crab, prawns, lobster, shellfish etc. My first live webinar session Process of preserving and supplying live fish and seafood Food Safety Live 2020 - Feedback Food Safety Live 2020 Topic Ideas for Food Safety Live 2020