What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does a person approving an SOP need to be then certified as a trainer?

Started by , Jan 18 2018 12:40 AM

Hi Matthew,

For on the job/operational training trainers may well be competent based on qualifications/experience. I would therefore have a register of trainers (with details of competency) or have training included in job descriptions of the people that do such specialized training.

I have seen train the trainer qualifications for members of staff that do regular other sorts of training such as Induction, Hygiene, Food Safety, Internal Audits etc. although I don't it is necessary if you have evidence of competency of the trainer and trainees after receiving the training.

Kind regards,

Tony

2 Replies

Hi there ~

Does a person who approves a standard operating procedure (SOP) need to be then certified as a trainer before they can train people?

I've never heard of such a thing and it seems rather redundant.  I would hope that the person approving the SOP knows it well enough to train people on it.

We manufacture dietary supplements in the United States.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking Is there a database of IFS certified companies? SQF Certified getting ISO 22000 Certifications from Broker
[Ad]

Hi Matthew,

For on the job/operational training trainers may well be competent based on qualifications/experience. I would therefore have a register of trainers (with details of competency) or have training included in job descriptions of the people that do such specialized training.

I have seen train the trainer qualifications for members of staff that do regular other sorts of training such as Induction, Hygiene, Food Safety, Internal Audits etc. although I don't it is necessary if you have evidence of competency of the trainer and trainees after receiving the training.

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Like1 Thank

Hi Matthew,

I include in my training policy a list of trainers that includes all signatories on the SOP (as they presumably have the skillset to review and approve) and all "management positions". Can't speak for dietary supplements but in food I've seen it work well for both 50 person companies and 400 person companies. As Tony stated, these people should have the requisite qualifications/experience indicated somewhere, I include it in the job descriptions as part of the role "must be able to provide effective training on company policies and procedures relevant to the positions".

Similar Discussion Topics
Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking Is there a database of IFS certified companies? SQF Certified getting ISO 22000 Certifications from Broker Designated person for SQF Need help finding SQF training classes (in-person is preferred) SQF Certified - Now sharing storage space, any changes? Do calibration weights need to be traceable or ISO certified? Where can I go to validate a manufacturer is IFS or FSSC22000 certified?