What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

RACC Table

Started by , Feb 12 2018 08:09 PM
5 Replies

When determining the serving size of a spice/herb mix intended to be added to a recipe what RACC do I need to use? I am unsure if I should treat this as a spice/herb and use a RACC of 1/4 tsp (0.5 g) or consider it a dry seasoning mix with with a RACC of "one RACC to make one reference amount of final dish". We are talking about very small net weights (i.e. 1.1 oz) with a mixture of spices intended to incorporate into an attached recipe (i.e. chicken entree)..

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Query on Reference Amounts Customarily Consumed (RACC) RACC/serving size Reference Amounts Customarily Consumed (RACC) for canned tuna
[Ad]

Since you provided a recipe, and people will presumably be purchasing your spice mix for the purpose of using it in the recipe, I would use the "reference amount of final dish" category, no different than selling onion soup mix or a packet for spaghetti sauce or taco meat. People aren't going to be portioning into many random foods but using it for your recipe.

Thank you! Now let's say the RACC for my final product is 140 g but my entire package is only 32 g. Is my serving size an entire package then? My net weights are much smaller than any RACC -    

How is the package consumed, does it go into a prepared meal? Generally if the contents are smaller than the racc then the serving is the entire contents. But it sounds like you may have a unique item..

I have an old article here that while it was written before the new RACC's and single serving rules went into effect, the flowchart is still basically the same. Maybe it will help you out: http://furfarmandfor...y-of-a-serving/

How is the package consumed, does it go into a prepared meal? Generally if the contents are smaller than the racc then the serving is the entire contents. But it sounds like you may have a unique item..

I have an old article here that while it was written before the new RACC's and single serving rules went into effect, the flowchart is still basically the same. Maybe it will help you out: http://furfarmandfor...y-of-a-serving/

It is a mixture of spices and herbs meant to go into a prepared meal. For example, a packet intended to go into a prepared ziti meal and the kit comes with instructions for the meal. Difficult to figure out how much of a spice would be in an RACC for the meal since it is being blended all together. 

Shoot me an email at austinbouck@furfarmandfork.com and I can give you my number. We can probably figure this out quickly over the phone.

Similar Discussion Topics
Query on Reference Amounts Customarily Consumed (RACC) RACC/serving size Reference Amounts Customarily Consumed (RACC) for canned tuna