What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Help on getting started with ISO 9001

Started by , Apr 03 2006 03:00 PM
10 Replies
Good afternoon
I have in the last 18 months started my own business in Water Treatment supply & services and i am trying to get my head around ISO 9000 as a priority and possibly ISO 14000.
Is there any information i can download or webb sites I need to check out to start the ball rolling?
I have put together a quality proceedure manual for my operation but I am unsure as to the costs involved etc
Is there anyone who can help me to get things started?
Regards
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
ISO 9001 and 22000 Manual Template Integrating ISO 9001-2015 and ISO 22000-2018 in Facilities Management & Catering Services off sites in canteens, Corporate, Hospitals and schools Suggestions on food safety program best fit with ISO 9001 New Member Information - Helpful links to get you started Determining who is responsible for each clause in ISO 9001:2015
[Ad]
Steve,

whereabouts in the world are you?

If you are in the North of England I'm running a seminar in Sunderland tomorrow that may help you,

Post back here if you wasnt any more details

James
I am based in Pontefract West Yorks, but tomorow i am booked out all day in Manchester and I can't get out of it at short notice.
Steve,

It might be an idea to post the manual on this forum (if you don't mind the possibility of people borrowing bits)

I'll happily sort out sending you some info on ISO9001 but first a couple of questions:

have you carried out any internal audits against your quality system?

how big a company are you (employees, sites etc...) I'm guessing you're an SME based upon your previous post but are you 1-2 employees or 50?

I can have chat with you on Wednesday afternoon if you like? I am in Morley in the morning?

PS - be careful of that Mr Timperley he'll try to talk yorkshire to you if you're not careful!

my e mail address is james@globalcertification.com if you want to sort something out

James
Steve,

attached is the basic ISO9001:2000 certification process

The_ISO9001_2000_audit_Process.pdf   71KB   86 downloads

James
Hi steve hope you are getting the most out of this website I tod you it was a good source for info, looking at the repies you have had back, I understand you have not started auditing yet! Dont think your system is ready for this type of action, you need to put together a manual with procedures to support each part of the manual before you start to audit, then when your system is ready I will show you how to set out your auditsif you need help get in touch.
Col.

Hi steve hope you are getting the most out of this website I tod you it was a good source for info, looking at the repies you have had back, I understand you have not started auditing yet! Dont think your system is ready for this type of action, you need to put together a manual with procedures to support each part of the manual before you start to audit, then when your system is ready I will show you how to set out your auditsif you need help get in touch.
Col.

Thanks Col will keep in touch
Hi Steve,

If you are looking towards certification to 9001, I would recommend as your first point of call as getting hold of a copy of the standard. I also recommend getting hold of a copy of ISO 9004 which offers some pointers against each clause of 9001.

Regards,
Bonno
Steve,

I'm afraid there's no free downloads for Quality manuals that I know of but for the ISO14001 I suggest you try this website:

http://www.pasa.nhs....ronment/ems/#bs

It has a fully editable word version of an ISO14001 manual, as it is for the nhs it may be a bit too long winded for your company but it is definatley worth playing with the documents

James
A brilliant contribution and a super site for starters
If you don't mind a bit of reading / manouevring, a prime general site for info and dwls on ISO9000 is
at C*#!! C*#!
This discusses the requirements and gives dwl examples of Quality Manuals (inc 14000)/ Quality procedures etc.
Regards / Charles.C

added - seems that refs to this site have been prohibited for some reason so sorry to have tried to help. Apologies to Simon also. No doubt it's mentioned somewhere.

Similar Discussion Topics
ISO 9001 and 22000 Manual Template Integrating ISO 9001-2015 and ISO 22000-2018 in Facilities Management & Catering Services off sites in canteens, Corporate, Hospitals and schools Suggestions on food safety program best fit with ISO 9001 New Member Information - Helpful links to get you started Determining who is responsible for each clause in ISO 9001:2015 Gap Audit Report for ISO 9001? Is ISO 9001 required to be certified FSSC 22000? Cross reference between BRC Packaging issue 6 and ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9001 9.2.1 - Customer File Review For Artwork and Labelling Issues How to best construct the quality system for ISO 9001 and IFS?