What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

New acrylamide legislation EU 2017/2158.

Started by , Mar 26 2018 10:32 AM
6 Replies

Hi

with the new acrylamide legislation coming into force April 2018. EU 2017/2158.

I've got customers asking

'Has the risk of acrylamide been suitably risk assessed, findings documented and mitigation established where required'

Does anyone have a company statement or policy they want to share for ideas

Many thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What is the best way to stay up to date with EU legislation drafts? EU legislation for ice cream Freezing Legislation EU 2017-2158 Acrylamide Average weight legislation
[Ad]

Sorry no, however I thought this link interesting reading that may help you form your statement

https://www.canada.c...ood-safety.html

Thanks Scampi

Hi Wrighty,

Some of our customers have asked for documented risk assessments to show how acrylamide formation is controlled at our facility. I'd say your best bet is to put something like this together based on your HACCP flow outlining the risks your process brings and your control measures in place at each step. This has satisfied all customers who've asked the questions of us so far.

Regards,

Andy

Thanks Andy

Good idea

here's some further reading on this I stumbled across

http://lfpress.com/o...2d-7f5ed2a5d05b

Thanks Scampi

taken from the segment

The consequence of repetitive health scares like “cell phones cause cancer” and “smoked meat is as dangerous as smoking” have unfortunately left the public numb to health news. People now cynically say that everything causes cancer. The problem with putting warning labels on everything is that eventually people just ignore the labels.

this is so true,

Similar Discussion Topics
What is the best way to stay up to date with EU legislation drafts? EU legislation for ice cream Freezing Legislation EU 2017-2158 Acrylamide Average weight legislation UK Legislation On Shelf Life Terminology In Relation To Listeria UK Meat Industry beginner training on legislation and food safety EU legislation for pesticides Allergen Legislation of Pre-Packed for Direct Sale (PPDS) SQF 2.4.1 Food Legislation. Need help