What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Coliform Bacteria CFU and Non-Food Contact Environmental Sampling

Started by , Mar 26 2018 05:40 PM
2 Replies

Greetings!  I am looking for information on the actionable or permissible levels of Coliform CFU on non-food contact surfaces.  This is for a grain cleaning and flour/cracked grain production facility.  We do not have a pathogenic kill step and pass this on to the end user. 

Thank you for your help!

Ben 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Water testing coliform Set Limits of ATP, Ecoli , Coliform results for Cleaning Validation Coliform limits in Ice cream products-how to manage incoming nuts with higher limits Coliform in Butter 1:1 vs 1:10 for coliform
[Ad]

There is no set limit. Clearly the closer you are able to maintain it to zero the less risk of possible customer illnesses. Based on all of the documents that I have read over the years, I would never exceed 100 CFUs for coliforms, but as testing is being done, I would gradually move my limit down to maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of my facility.

The Almond Board of California did a Pathogen Environmental Monitoring Program (PEM) that might be useful for you. You can look it up on the internet.

Charles C. has a collection of various guidelines here: http://www.ifsqn.com...ntact-surfaces/

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Water testing coliform Set Limits of ATP, Ecoli , Coliform results for Cleaning Validation Coliform limits in Ice cream products-how to manage incoming nuts with higher limits Coliform in Butter 1:1 vs 1:10 for coliform Hygiena swabs, EMP, APC, coliform and atp Standard for TPC and Coliform on non-food contact surfaces What are the acceptable limits for E-coli and Coliform in Ready to Eat fresh Vegetables? Coliform, E. coli results between microbial test report and COA Supplier shipped ingredient outside allowed Coliform limit