What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

New to Quality Assurance, IFSQN and in the hot seat.

Started by , Mar 30 2018 02:20 PM
6 Replies

Greetings,

My name is Klee W-Pearson. I have been assigned to head Quality Assurance at a small, yet rapidly growing flour mill in the Oregon, USA. My life has been spent in many functions of the food and beverage industry, however this is position and the responsibilities are quite different than I am used to.

I am looking forward to gaining understanding and support in my field through this forum. I want to learn the process and not just get the answers. I am sure I am in the right place.

Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Salary for Quality Control Supervisor Feels great to be a part of the IFSQN community! HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards
[Ad]

Welcome Klee W-Pearson.  My advise for anyone starting off in QA on the food safety side is to always work toward the standard.  Find out what the criteria is, and work toward that criteria.  

2 Thanks

Hi Klee, also in Oregon! Curious which mill you're at (is it "red" ;)). Shoot me a PM if you like, I'd love to tour your facility!

jcieslowski,

Thanks for the advice. I am aiming in that direction and hope to find some guidance here.

FurFarmandFork,

Our mill is far from Red. But I will be in touch.

Thanks

Hello StoneMill,

You really are on the right path on joining IFSQN. Welcome.... :happydance:  :happydance:  :happydance:

hello you are wellcome

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Salary for Quality Control Supervisor Feels great to be a part of the IFSQN community! HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Building a Sustainable Culture of Quality and Food Safety Annual Food Safety & Quality Training Burger Quality Concern Greasiness Example of Quality Objectives According to BRC Issue 6