What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Green Tea Powder Sterilization

Started by , Apr 09 2018 01:05 PM
7 Replies
Hi,

I'm looking for the best method to sterilize green tea powder, my understanding is irradiation is not allowed for the product in the US.

I was curious about how a steam sterilization process works with dry powder products.

Do they stay dry?
Do you need special drying equipment after steam treating?
Affordable or economical machinery for a small business?
Contractor services that might take on this process in the Midwest?

Thanks in advance
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can we use Crystal Simple Green on food-contact surfaces? Are Green Coffee Beans considered food? Use of Simple Green and Formula 409 in indirect product contact surfaces Microbiological Hazards in Green Coffee through to Roasting Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training
[Ad]

Have you taken a look at freeze drying?

Have you taken a look at freeze drying?

Product couldn't be frozen and then thawed, ideally we want to keep away as much moister as possible.

Its a dry leaf powder

Product couldn't be frozen and then thawed, ideally we want to keep away as much moister as possible.

Its a dry leaf powder

Jims, I think you misunderstand freeze drying, all moisture is removed from the process by sublimation, there is no thawing and the product would be as dry as you could ever get it on the back end.

However, freeze drying itself is not a kill step (we freeze dry microbes for cultures and probiotics after all), you may instead use it as a drying step after a steam sterilization process.

I'm currently working with steam sterilization in whole leaf tea, but intended for brewing so it doesn't need to stay dry. It looks like a pre-built vacuum-dry steam-vacuum system would be your best option. make sure to validate!

Dry steam like autoclave and then move to a  freeze dry system?    Sorry a little green on sterilization of raw powders but could really use some help making sure I'm purchasing the correct equipment. 

Just googling, you probably want something like what these guys sell:

https://www.napasol....sol-technology/

Hi

We ofer steam sterilization for all varieties of tea.  I know this post is quite old. However please contact me if interested

Hi

If you are lookig for a solution, yes we have steam serilization  designed for the purpose. Please let me knwo if you arelooking for further inputs..

Similar Discussion Topics
Can we use Crystal Simple Green on food-contact surfaces? Are Green Coffee Beans considered food? Use of Simple Green and Formula 409 in indirect product contact surfaces Microbiological Hazards in Green Coffee through to Roasting Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training Green hue on sausage Green Cabbage - Raw product producing strong odor Process flowchart for manufacturing aseptic green or red chilli paste Green Scrubby Alternative Green Belt Six Sigma Training