What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Incident management/Withdrawal/Recall Procedure

Started by , Apr 24 2018 09:30 AM
2 Replies

Hi

Historically from my predecessor, we've always had a separate crisis management and product withdrawal/recall procedure.

I'm about to give them an overall and combine them into one - does anyone have any pointers?

Even better - would be willing to share their procedure and record/forms with me?

Best

J

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Can we make up an incident for the crisis management mock exercise? Food Safety incident-near miss with lubricant Hand-written incident reports vs electronic Incident Exploration
[Ad]

Forgot to mention - I work to BRC food standard and Tesco produce packhouse standard.

Best

J

10 key elements.png   677.31KB   6 downloadsHi John,

First of all congratulations on integrating your product recall and crisis management program. So many companies have a completely separate process involving two separate teams - generally the quality team managing the recall process until things start escalating into a brand crisis when the focus turns from the technical side to managing communications which often leads to PR bumph with no substance. In order to manage incidents and recalls effectively, the technical side has to be integrated with the management of the concerns and expectations of key stakeholders including consumers. 

I help companies develop a 10 step process to an integrated incident, product recall and crisis prevention program and I have attached an infographic that  shows those 10 steps that you might find useful. Although it has a strong recall focus, this can be used to manage any type of incident by adding incident specific details to some of the steps.

Regards, Steve

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Can we make up an incident for the crisis management mock exercise? Food Safety incident-near miss with lubricant Hand-written incident reports vs electronic Incident Exploration Incident Exploration Incident Exploration Differences between non conformity and incident in FSMS Anybody already conducted a Mock Incident Report willing to share example? Emergency incident action plan template