What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hello IFSQN

Started by , Apr 25 2018 12:54 PM
5 Replies

I am not necessarily new here but I did switch jobs and so I am at a new company with a new position in Animal Food. I am excited to learn and grow in this position but we have a long way to go. I am going to attend a FSPCA course on FSMA for Animal Food to hopefully give me some guidance. I am looking forward to all the collaboration that I experienced from my previous position. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Feels great to be a part of the IFSQN community! SQF Implementation Package offered by IFSQN Celebrating 5 Years of IFSQN Food Safety Fridays Webinars IFSQN BRCGS Food Safety Management System Implementation Workbook IFSQN - SQF Implementation Package
[Ad]

Good to meet you JFox1. Excellent to hear about your excitement in your new role. What do you hope to learn from the course and within your new job?

Regards,

Jon

1 Thank

I have taken the FSMA for human consumption, so I hope to be refreshed and learn the major differences. Since coming from human foods I have some preconceptions but I would like to fully understand what we need to do to comply. Also I am looking into SQF vs FSSC22000 as a scheme for the company. I am eager to learn more about grain handling from my new position. 

Thanks for the welcome! 

Sounds excellent. Are you taking in food waste and turning it into animal feed? You mentioned grain handling and I think of big huge bulk flour silos back when I worked in the bakery industry. I am accustomed to the SQF scheme and after familiarizing myself with FSSC22000 it seams that FSSC22000 gives the company more ability to interpret the code and apply it in a more creative fashion. 

1 Thank

Welcome Jfox.... :happydance:

1 Thank

@jdpaul - Thanks for the info. That is what I am seeing as I am looking into it. I cannot seem to get a definitive answer yet but I don't want to put the cart before the horse and we need to get things in order first. We do barley and oat processing for animal feed. 

I am in the process of creating our food safety plans and our policies etc... 

Similar Discussion Topics
Feels great to be a part of the IFSQN community! SQF Implementation Package offered by IFSQN Celebrating 5 Years of IFSQN Food Safety Fridays Webinars IFSQN BRCGS Food Safety Management System Implementation Workbook IFSQN - SQF Implementation Package IFSQN BRCGS FSQM Pack Hello IFSQN Hello IFSQN Hi, Thank you for allowing me to join to this IFSQN IFSQN BRCGS Food Safety Issue 9 Template package