• IFSQN Associate
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 21 December 2023 - 06:37 PM

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with IFSQN's SQF Implementation Package? Do you recommend it?

We are looking to pursue SQF certification and are in the process of revamping our current food safety program to have it aligned with SQF requirements. We are currently audited under AIB. 

Thanks in advance for your assistance. 

p/s: Here's the link to the package: 

Store - SQF (& FSMA) Implementation Package for Food Manufacturers - Edition 9 (2023 Update) (ifsqn.com)

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 856 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 December 2023 - 07:13 PM

It seems like that question has been asked a few time on this forum.   However, I've never seen anyone comment one way or another.  

I've looked at the examples that are available.   It seems very solid to me.   I don't think you can go wrong with it.   

With that said, I personally believe there is a lot of benefit to creating yourself.   It forces you to know the standard and understand how your "program" complies to the standard.  Doing is learning, researching is learning, failing is learning, etc.  

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,676 posts
  • 1143 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 21 December 2023 - 07:26 PM

I've heard a lot of good stuff about the packages, including one that used the package and used us as well.  - But for DIY is does most certainly smooth the process.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 22 December 2023 - 04:11 AM

Hi srqateam,

Welcome to the IFSQN forums.

For Food Manufacturers, the IFSQN offer two SQF Packages:

SQF Implementation Package for Food Manufacturers - Edition 9 (2022 Update)

SQF (& FSMA) Implementation Package for Food Manufacturers - Edition 9 (2023 Update)

There are some reviews on product pages and others dotted around the forums. I’ve posted some below.

See post 4 by Spiceman in an SQF Template Products Topic“The templates from IFSQN were great.”

SQF Package Customer reviews here:

Review by 3560lynne:

“One of the best investments you can make for yourself and your team moving forward. If you want to save yourself a lot of time and frustration, I highly recommend the purchase of the implementation package. The bonus... you won't feel so alone. Thank you, IFSQN team!”

Review by adamperry2235:

“The package was excellent for anyone looking to build a SQF system on their own. The time the package saves you makes it well worth the price you pay. It may not be practical for every application but you would be hard pressed to find one that it doesn't work for.”

Review by qc@ usdurum.com:

“I was very pleased with the completeness of the SQF Code 8 Implementation Package. All of the documents our company needed to get up to speed with SQF Edition 8 were available and easy to customize for our use. I was even more impressed when, 4 months after our purchase, we received an update to the Food Fraud Procedure and Food Fraud Assessment Tool. Having the Implementation Package made the process leading to certification much easier and faster than it would have been if we had had to create all of the documents from scratch.”

Since 2009 we have helped well over 1,000 organizations implement a food safety and quality management system (of those over 400 have been SQF packages). More often than not our clients have been asked to achieve certification to one of the GFSI approved food safety standards such as BRC, SQF, IFS or FSSC 22000.  Our systems in conjunction with the unrivalled technical support we provide has helped many customers achieve certification quickly and without excessive cost.

On this page are listed a selection of our satisfied customers.

Kind regards,

Tony

Edited by Tony-C, 22 December 2023 - 04:15 AM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users