What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Drainage controls to prevent food safety risk?

Started by , May 03 2018 06:55 AM
1 Reply
We are in a new build and I am new to the company and noticed that many drains were built from the reefer units, overhead across production equipment and processing areas, down into the coving at about waist height, basically small pipes running into a larger pipes (open).

I understand these have p-traps and are required by building code as they need to vent. Seeing this in both raw and RTE areas. Any suggestions on how to cover or finish these so they do not pose a food safety risk?

I’m told removal is not an option as we are, ahem, too far down the pipeline....though not sure the food authority in our area (we’ll say Canada to keep it broad) will agree. Appreciate any insight here...
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
11.3.9 Sanitary Facilities - Unclear on drainage 13.3.8.2 Sanitary drainage - I have a combined sewer? The drainage in the positive pressure room and drainage system.
[Ad]

OK, those are pretty standard fixtures. You need to include them in pre op (integrity and condensation) as well as your monthly internal audit.  They also need to be included in the PM program

Are you following FSEP?

Similar Discussion Topics
11.3.9 Sanitary Facilities - Unclear on drainage 13.3.8.2 Sanitary drainage - I have a combined sewer? The drainage in the positive pressure room and drainage system.