What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Auditing a small or very small agricultural Farm

Started by , May 04 2018 08:52 PM
2 Replies

Hello!

In the midst of my Supplier Approval process and I keep coming across supplier's that are small or very small (by FSMA/FDA definitions) that do not have a 3rd Party Cert and will require me to perform an audit of their "facility". I cannot find specific references to a Supplier Approval process needing me to do an audit when the Supplier does not have a 3rd Party Cert. Does anyone have verbiage for that? My next question is if anyone here has a good audit form for something like this? My medium sized company works with quite a few local suppliers and most often small businesses that do not have 3rd party certs. So I would like to apply this to farms for produce and for Beef/Pork farms. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices BRC Internal Auditing Query Internal auditing and non-conformance reporting software systems Choice of Auditor and Auditing Date Internal auditing
[Ad]

I could really use some guidance with this. I am reading what the rules are for farms on the FDA website. But if anyone has a helpful checklist/audit form or other resource information, I would greatly appreciate it!

This may give you a place to start. It's the CanadaGap self assessment tool. It is an yearly tool I complete for compliance with CanadaGap and is only for ON FARM. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices BRC Internal Auditing Query Internal auditing and non-conformance reporting software systems Choice of Auditor and Auditing Date Internal auditing Auditing an Edible Flower Farm Glass and Brittle Plastic Auditing CICS America for SQF auditing Case study for Internal Auditing training Internal Auditing Checklist - SQF 9.0