What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Microbiology testing of Pasteurized Fruit juices

Started by , May 12 2018 04:42 AM
2 Replies

Good day ifsqn members!

I would like to have your opinion or comments about the micro analysis of fruit juices. Currently, we have pre-incubation of finished products (FGs) for three days before the actual testing. Why it is necessary to pre-incubate? Can we analyze the FGs immediately after production?

My thought is to resuscitate cells since they were exposed in high temp. (Pasteurization). But is there any other principle behind it?

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Fresh Garlic Microbiology Fruit Juice Microbiology Does anybody know the specs for microbiology results on raw material liquid sucrose? Microbiology Criteria Standard for Environmental Monitoring Program Food microbiology results for Chicken and Soup
[Ad]

I am not a microbiologist so please take my answer on a hands-on experience basis. Most of the media which you use to enumerate the bacteria will have a requirement of minimum number of cells to be present to express itself in the media. Generally, when we do the analysis of pasteurized products we enrich it in peptone water and take it for further analysis. I am taking an educated guess in your case you are pre incubating it for enrichment.  

Also, it could be for checking the thermostable microorganism which can destroy your product. 

1 Thank
Thanks! That’s helpful. Yes, you’re right. Instead of using peptone water, we pre-incubate pasteurized juices before direct plating. We do this to recover injured cells, if present.

Thank you again!

Similar Discussion Topics
Fresh Garlic Microbiology Fruit Juice Microbiology Does anybody know the specs for microbiology results on raw material liquid sucrose? Microbiology Criteria Standard for Environmental Monitoring Program Food microbiology results for Chicken and Soup Microbiology Standard for Meat Processing Plant Microbiology Sampling Plan Microbiology of Frozen Whitebait Microbiology criteria for margarine, butter and milk Need some help with food microbiology calculation