What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FSMA Fun Facts Needed

Started by , Jun 08 2018 12:36 PM
6 Replies

I've been asked to give a short 5-10 min talk about FSMA to our Summer Interns.  Seemed fine until they specifically asked for it to be "fun" facts. 

I'm at a loss (probably because I'm too busy with FSMA to have any fun)..... please help if you have any suggestions!

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF & FSMA Plan FSMA- Preventive Controls- Practical example of hazard analysis? BRCGS recognised by the FDA for FSMA Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule FSMA Topics BRCGS Information on FSMA Final Rule on Requirements for Additional Traceability Records for Certain Foods
[Ad]

1. FSMA was designed around preventive controls; a proactive attempt to reduce the likelihood of food safety hazards from occurring; eliminating non-conformances and corrective actions. The old system relied primarily on reaction after the non-conformance already occurred - corrective actions were then implemented.

2. FSMA requires the food safety system and preventive controls to be designed by a preventive control qualified individual. Training can be done through a standardized curriculum recognized by the FDA or shown through job experience where such job experience allows the PCQI to implement a food safety system..

Can't really think of anything "fun" so to speak.

I guess one of the fun facts would be that FSMA has been one of the broadest changes in food laws for 70 years; thanks to Mr. President Obama signed January 4th, 2011

1 Thank

***The FDA (finally) has the power to mandate a recall (correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think they had that level of power before FSMA)

From an FDA slideshow as to reason to implement the change

Food supply more high-tech and complex

15 percent of U.S. food supply is imported
More foods in the marketplace
New hazards in foods not previously seen

I presented this content to my executive management.

Attached Files

That's a very weird request, but I think is a fair one. If you had to sit in a room for a training talk, at least should be enterteining.
I always use cartoons to releif the audience of 'boring' matters.

I presented this content to my executive management.

Indeed successfully highly obfuscational. :smile:

Maybe a before and after with a little detail around each bullet point.  I've attached some ideas that I used when I had to give a short presentation to a group that had very little background in the subject.  

Attached Files

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF & FSMA Plan FSMA- Preventive Controls- Practical example of hazard analysis? BRCGS recognised by the FDA for FSMA Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule FSMA Topics BRCGS Information on FSMA Final Rule on Requirements for Additional Traceability Records for Certain Foods Spice Industry Environmental Monitoring Program- Ready to Eat-FSMA Does tea manufacturing fall outside the scope of the FSMA? Differences between FSMA, VQIP and FDA Audits Estimated cost of a FSMA Gap Assessment (21CFR117) FSMA - Domestic Supplier Approval